Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Wild Mushrooms, Andouille and Natural Pan Gravy
This Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Wild Mushrooms, Andouille and Natural Pan Gravy is absolutely delicious.
- 4 6-8 oz. Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1¼ cup Andouille Sausage (or any other good quality smoked sausage), diced small
- 1½ cup Assorted Wild Mushrooms (Shitakes, Portobello, Oyster, Crimini, etc.), thinly sliced
- ½ cup Chicken Stock or Broth
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Parsley
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Green Onion (green parts only)
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Garlic
- Salt, Pepper, Cayenne
- 2 tbsp. Room Temperature Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- In a large sauté pan, heat half of the olive oil. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and cayenne on both sides, dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- When oil is hot sear the chicken breasts on both sides.
- When sufficiently browned, remove from pan, place in a baking dish and put in the oven to finish.
- Wipe out pan and then add the rest of the olive oil. Add diced Andouille.
- When fat starts to render, add mushrooms.
- When mushrooms start to crisp (about 4-5 minutes), add green onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Correct seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Remove fully cooked chicken breasts from baking dish.
- Place on serving plate.
- Place Andouille/Mushroom mixture on top on chicken breasts.
- In the same pan, deglaze with chicken stock, add thyme sprigs and reduce by ¾.
- Take stock/thyme mixture off heat, whisk in the room temperature butter, correct seasoning with salt and pepper, add parsley, stir and then pour over chicken breasts and Andouille/Mushroom mixture.