Shrimp and Tasso with Five Pepper Jelly
Our unique and tasty Shrimp and Tasso with Five Pepper Jelly is sure to be a hit at your next party!
- 36 Jumbo Shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 6 oz. Spicy Tasso (julienne into 1" strips)
- 36 Pickled Okra
Make a 1/4" incision down the back of each shrimp and place one strip of tasso in each incision. Secure with a toothpick. Lightly dust each shrimp with seasoned flour and fry.
Place cooked shrimp in a bowl with 4 oz. of Crystal hot butter sauce and toss until well coated.
Spread 5-pepper jelly on the bottom of a small dish and arrange shrimp on the plate alternating with the pickled okra.
Five Pepper Jelly:
- 1 each Red, Yellow and Green Peppers, diced
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper Flakes
- 6 oz. Karo Light Syrup
- 6 oz. White Vinegar
Put honey and vinegar in a pot and reduce until sticky. Add remaining ingredients and cook until the peppers are soft. Add salt to taste.
Crystal Hot Sauce Beurre Blanc:
- 5 oz. Crystal Hot Sauce
- Pinch Garlic
- Pinch Shallot
- 2 oz. Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 lb. Butter
- Saute garlic and shallots in a pan with a little butter.
- Add Crystal hot sauce and reduce by 75%.
- Add cream and reduce again by 50%.
- Slowly whip in softened butter a little at a time.