We recently tried the baked version of this classic recipe at home and the results were positively scrumptious. The photos featured here are from our in-home experimentation. As beginner chefs we appreciate the simplicity of this recipe. We also love that it can be served as an appetizer or entree. We may even try stuffing it in turkey at Thanksgiving.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine
- 2 medium bell peppers - chopped
- 3 large onions - chopped
- 3 stalks celery - chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 handfull chapped parsley
- 3/4 - 1 lb. claw crabmeat - (suit to taste)
(Pick all of the shells out.)
- Melt butter or margarine.
- Saute' vegetables (bell peppers, onions, and celery) on medium heat until translucent - approximately 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Mix all ingredients except crabmeat.
- Add vegetable mixture you've already cooked.
- Mix well.
- Fold in crabmeat.
- Batter in egg and mild mixture.
- Cover with bread crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
You can use this stuffing in Stuffed Mushrooms, Stuffed Bell Peppers, and Stuffed Crabs.