Eggs Maison Dupuy
EGGS Maison Dupuy
- 8 slices smoked Chaurise sausage
- 4 Buttermilk biscuits cut in half
- 1 cup Spinach Madeleine
- 8 poached eggs
- 4 oz. Paprika Hollandaise
1. Begin by warming the Spinach Madeleine in a small sauce pot.
2. Heat the buttermilk biscuits in the oven.
3. Poach the eggs in simmering water with a capful of vinegar till you reach desired doneness.
4. Heat the Chaurise sausage through on the grill.
Place two warmed biscuit halves on each plate.
Place a spoonful of Spinach Madeline on top of the biscuits.
Place the grilled Chaurise on top.
Perch the poached eggs on top and coat with Hollandaise.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, whisk the 4 egg yolks with the wine and a pinch of salt until doubled in volume and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Gradually add the melted butter, whisking constantly, until a thick, creamy sauce forms, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the lemon juice and Tabasco and season the hollandaise with salt and smoked paprika. Keep the hollandaise sauce warm, whisking occasionally.
- 1 package chopped spinach, frozen
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsps chopped onions
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- ¼ cup reserved spinach liquor
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 3 ounces Jack Cheese Shredded
- salt and red pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Cook spinach. Drain and reserve liquid. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour, stirring until blended and smooth, but not brown. Add onions and sauté 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Add heavy cream, spinach liquor and Worcestershire sauce slowly, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook mixture until smooth and thick, stirring constantly. Add seasonings and cheese. Stir until melted and combine with cooked spinach.