Mulate's Cajun Restaurant's Crawfish Etouffee recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- 1 1/4 stick butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 stalks celery - diced
- 1 small bell pepper - diced
- 1 lb peeled crawfish tails
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Melt butter or margarine.
- Add diced onions, celery, and bell pepper.
- Saute' on medium heat until vegetables are translucent –approximately 15 minutes.
- Add crawfish and Mulate's Cajun Seasoning - stir well.
- Cook covered on low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- You may add chopped parsley or green onions just before serving - do whatever you like!
- Serve over white rice.
Variation: Add 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup just before adding the crawfish.
If you can't visit New Orleans to try the Crawfish Etouffee at Mulate's -- you can order King Creole's shrimp version and have it delivered to your door!