This Bread Pudding recipe by Pascal's Manale is a delicious New Orleans classic.
Serves 15 or more.
- 3 Loaves French Bread
- 15 ozs. Raisins
- 1/2 Gallon Whole Milk
- 1/2 lb. Sugar
- 10 Eggs
- 1/2 lb. of Melted Butter
- 3 ozs. Vanilla Extract
- Cut French bread into cubes.
- Pour milk on French bread. Let milk soak into bread.
- Add the remaining ingredients to French bread mixture.
- Mix with hand until blended evenly.
- Pour mixture into ungreased pan.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3 ozs. Brandy
- 1 lb. butter
- 8 ozs. sugar
- 2 ozs. vanilla extract
Let butter sit at room temperature until very soft.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend with mixer until smooth.
Pour over bread pudding.
If you can't visit New Orleans to try the Bread Pudding at Pascal's Manale -- you can order King Creole's version and have it delivered to your door!