Beef Carpaccio with Tamari & Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1 Whole Beef Tenderloin
- 1 cup black pepper (ground)
- Canola Oil
1. Trim all fat and silver skin off filet until just the center cut is available. Save scraps for later use.
2. Break filet down into 4 pieces cutting once down the center vertically and one down the center horizontally
3. Heat a skillet and add canola oil
4. Cover each piece in black pepper and then roll in hot oil. Allow to cool on a wire rack, or in the fridge.
5. Slice each piece into 1/8th inch slices.
6. Using a mallet, flatten pieces until they are 2cm thick. Arrange on deli sheets and wrap in plastic.
7. Can freeze for up to 48 hours.
TAMARI & GINGER VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 cup Ginger (grated)
- 1 cup Shallot (small dice)
- 1/4 cup Garlic (grated)
- 2 Cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Tamari Soy sauce
1. Caramelize shallots in a cast iron skillet. Turn off heat, add ginger and garlic, and allow to cool.
2. Add Tamari and Olive Oil.
3. Store in an air tight container.
To make Carpaccio, take one portion of the sliced meat and spread 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette on top. Toss 1oz of Arugula with vinaigrette, pickled carrots, and pickled daikon and place on top of beef. Shave Piave over salad mix and serve.