Oyster Artichoke Soup
Our Oyster Artichoke Soup recipe is a delicious addition to your dinner menu.
- 5 6 ounce cans of artichokes
- 1 Pound of butter
- 1 Quart of heavy cream
- 1 Cup of all purpose white flour
- 3 Tablespoons chicken soup base
- 2 Ounces curly parsley
- 2 Ounces green onions
- 2 Cups oysters chopped
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
- 3 Quarts warm water
- Juice from oysters
- In a pot set over low heat add butter and flour, stirring with a whisk to make a blond Roux.
- Then add the water and heavy cream, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain artichokes and add to the pot, then add oysters.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Then add remaining ingredients and simmer to desired consistency.
Serves 10 to 15.
« Back To: New Orleans Recipes