Lobster with Truffle Butter
Our Lobster with Truffle Butter recipe is a delicious addition to your dinner menu.
- 4 each, 1 1/2 pound, Fresh Lobsters
- 16 onces, Truffle Butter Sauce (see below)
- 20 each, Asparagus Spears, blanched
- 1 sprig, Italian flay leaf parsley
- Shaved Italian White truffles, optional
- 1 ounce, Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pot heavily salted, boiling water, drop the live lobsters in and cook for about 6 minutes (4 minutes per pound of lobster).
- Pull lobster from water and pull claws off and crack carefully trying to keep them whole and set aside.
- With a large knife, split the lobster in half from head to tail.
- Heat the asparagus spears in a saute pan with butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the lobster on an entree plate with the asparagus and claws. Drizzle with truffle butter sauce.
- Garnish with a sprig of Italian parsley.
- To truly make this a special dish, add fresh Italian white shaved truffles.
Truffle Butter Sauce
- 1/2 ounce, Olive Oil
- 4 each, Shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup, Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup, Heavy Cream
- 1 pound, Unsalted Butter, cut into Tablespoons, room temp
- 1/2 ounce, White Truffle Oil
- 1/2 ounce, Black Truffle slices packed in oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottom sauce pot add olive oil and place over med-high heat.
- Add minced shallots and saute until translucent.
- Add rice vineger and white wine and reduce until syrupy consistency.
- Add heavy cream and reduce until thick and syrupy.
- Turn heat down to medium and begin to whisk in butter until fully incorporated.
- Finish sauce by adding truffle oil, sliced truffles and salt and pepper.
- Set the sauce aside until ready to use. Sauce must be kept in a warm place- not too hot or too cold or sauce will break.
« Back To: New Orleans Recipes