This Bread Pudding recipe by Pascal's Manale is a delicious New Orleans classic.
Serves 15 or more.
- 3 Loaves French Bread
- 15 ozs. Raisins
- 1/2 Gallon Whole Milk
- 1/2 lb. Sugar
- 10 Eggs
- 1/2 lb. of Melted Butter
- 3 ozs. Vanilla Extract
- Cut French bread into cubes.
- Pour milk on French bread. Let milk soak into bread.
- Add the remaining ingredients to French bread mixture.
- Mix with hand until blended evenly.
- Pour mixture into ungreased pan.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3 ozs. Brandy
- 1 lb. butter
- 8 ozs. sugar
- 2 ozs. vanilla extract
Let butter sit at room temperature until very soft.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend with mixer until smooth.
Pour over bread pudding.