Crawfish Ravioli is a delicious New Orleans dish that your guest will love at the next party.
This is a free-form ravioli as opposed to a sealed version. It’s a lot easier to prepare, and you still get great flavor. This also makes a wonderful first course.
- 8 lasagna sheets
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup diced onion (about 1/2 large)
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper (about 1/2 large)
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1/2 large)
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add lasagna sheets and cook until just al dente. Using tongs remove pasta from water and transfer to a cutting board. Cut pasta into 8-inch squares and return to pot of hot water off heat.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter over moderately high heat. Add onion and bell peppers and sauté 2 minutes. Add crawfish, Creole seasoning, and red pepper flakes and sauté 3 minutes. Add tomato and cook 1 minute.
- Cube remaining 1 1/2 sticks butter. Reduce heat to low and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted. Add chives.
- Arrange 1 pasta square in each of 4 shallow bowls. Divide sauce among bowls and top with remaining pasta squares.
« Back To: New Orleans Recipes