Beef Carpaccio with Tamari & Ginger Vinaigrette
This Beef Carpaccio with Tamari & Ginger Vinaigrette recipe from Apolline Restaurant in New Orleans is a specialty.
- 1 Whole Beef Tenderloin
- 1 cup black pepper (ground)
- Canola Oil
- Trim all fat and silver skin off filet until just the center cut is available. Save scraps for later use.
- Break filet down into 4 pieces cutting once down the center vertically and one down the center horizontally
- Heat a skillet and add canola oil
- Cover each piece in black pepper and then roll in hot oil. Allow to cool on a wire rack, or in the fridge.
- Slice each piece into 1/8th inch slices.
- Using a mallet, flatten pieces until they are 2cm thick. Arrange on deli sheets and wrap in plastic.
- Can freeze for up to 48 hours.
TAMARI & GINGER VINAIGRETTE Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Ginger (grated)
- 1 cup Shallot (small dice)
- 1/4 cup Garlic (grated)
- 2 Cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Tamari Soy sauce
TAMARI & GINGER VINAIGRETTE Prepare:
- Caramelize shallots in a cast iron skillet. Turn off heat, add ginger and garlic, and allow to cool.
- Add Tamari and Olive Oil.
- Store in an air tight container.
To make Carpaccio, take one portion of the sliced meat and spread 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette on top. Toss 1oz of Arugula with vinaigrette, pickled carrots, and pickled daikon and place on top of beef. Shave Piave over salad mix and serve.