This recipe is from Susan Schmidt, who says, "In my next life, I wanna be Cajun!"
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cans of cream (I like Carnation) -canned milk
- 1 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- large bag of pecans (whole or halves)
- Put 1 cup of water in freezer to use to test doneness.
- Combine in sauce pan sugar, cream and vanilla.
- Cook for about 15 minutes on medium setting.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add butter.
- Keep stirring because mixture will boil over.
- After 45 minutes of cook time, drop some in test water from freezer. If it forms a ball, candy is ready.
- Add pecans and stir a few more minutes to cover pecans. You can butter counter or pan to put candy in after it is finished.
- Let cool and cut.
Would you like to have New Orlans Famous Pralines shipped to your door?
New Orleans Famous Pralines ships anywhere in the Continental US.
Click here to order.
Enjoy the taste of New Orleans!
If you liked this recipe, let Susan Schmidt know!
« Back To: New Orleans Recipes