Mambo's Crawfish Cornbread Dressing
Sides Cajun, Creole, Seafood
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 17 Servings
Shout it from the rooftops (the rooftop at Mambo’s on Bourbon Street will do). This recipe for Crawfish Cornbread Dressing is a must for Thanksgiving dinner. Corn was served at the first Thanksgiving but, trust us, it was nowhere near as good as this! Like every other dish served at Mambo’s and their sister restaurants Oceana Grill, Olde NOLA Cookery, and Bobby Hebert’s Cajun Cannon, this is comfort food at its best. Order their cookbook Love at First Bite: On the Corner of Cajun and Creole.
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1green bell pepper, diced
- 1jalapeño, diced
- 1 8 ½-ounce box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 pound crawfish tails, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir continuously so the vegetables do not burn or stick to the skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in a well-greased 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- 6. Bake for 1 hour or until the center is completely cooked through. Serve.
Recipe By: Mambo's
« Back To: Recipe of the Month