Entree Creole, American, Seafood, Southern
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 1 Serving
Oceana Sauce Ingredients:
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces margarine
- 1 ounce diced onions
- 1 ounce diced green pepper
- 1 ounce roasted red bell pepper
- White wine
- 0.5 ounce of Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce garlic, chopped
- 1 ounce tomato juice
- 1 ounce rosemary
- 1 ounce thyme
- 5 ounce shrimp
Oceana’s Sauce Directions:
- Melt margarine in a skillet.
- Cook diced onions, diced green pepper, roasted red bell pepper, garlic chopped, rosemary, and thyme until soft.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine, and Tony Chachere to the above.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and tomato juice to the mixture.
- Cook in 200°F skillet. Sauté shrimp then add to sauce.
Crawfish Cornbread Ingredients:
- 6-8 cups crumbled cornbread
- 3 slices bread, toasted & crumbled
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 dashes of Tabasco
- 1 pound crawfish tails, cooked and chopped
Crawfish Cornbread Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix sugar, sage, garlic salt, parsley, thyme and Cajun seasoning in a small dish.
- Place bread crumbs in large bowl, sprinkle seasonings over bread crumbs.
- In a small skillet, melt butter; add celery, pepper & onion and sauté until tender.
- Pour cooked veggies over bread crumbs.
- Add beaten eggs and 2 cans of broth.
- Mix well. Stir in chopped crawfish tails and Tabasco. Pour into a 13 x 9-inch sprayed baking pan.
- Bake approximately 1 hour or until set and lightly browned, but not dried out.
Directions for Cooking Fish:
- Preheat cast-iron skillet for 15-30 minutes.
- Reserve 12 tablespoons of melted butter for serving.
- Dip fillet into butter and sprinkle blackening seasoning on both sides.
- Place into the skillet. Cook about 2-3 minutes or until the bottom is almost black but not burned.
- Carefully flip over, so fillets do not break.
- Pour about a teaspoon of butter on the cooked side and continue cooking about 2-3 minutes or until fillet is finished.
- Remove fish from pan and place onto a large platter.
Recipe By: Oceana Grill
« Back To: Recipe of the Month