Odette’s Creole Potato Salad
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 10 Servings
There’s just something about this potato salad that makes you feel like you’re at a picnic in New Orleans City Park, watching the ducks waddle around on the edge of the lagoon. It’s creamy, zippy, and New Orleansy. What’s not to love?
- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon liquid shrimp and crab boil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/3 cup Creole mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place cut potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.
- Add crab boil and a few big pinches of salt.
- Bring water to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes (until potatoes are fork tender).
- Drain potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Toss with vinegar and Creole seasoning.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together mayo, sour cream, mustard and sugar.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in celery, eggs and green onions.
- Chill until ready to serve.