Mulate's Fried Alligator
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves 4-6
For 30 years, Mulate’s has been a must-experience New Orleans restaurant, known for both its authentic Louisiana cuisine as well as live music and Cajun dancing.
- 2 lb. alligator loin meat
- 3 cups flour
- 2-3 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 cups oil for frying
- Rinse and dry alligator.
- Tenderize using a “hammer-style” tenderizing tool.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place flour in a 9×13 pan. Add salt and cayenne to your taste, mixing well.
- In a shallow bowl, mix milk and eggs.
- Dip alligator bites in egg wash, then place in flour mixture, coating well.
- Fry in oil at 375° for 4-5 minutes.
Recommended: Serve with Remoulade Dressing as dipping sauce.
Recipe By: Mulate's Cajun Restaurant
« Back To: Recipe of the Month