Mardi Gras Sidecar
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 1 cocktail
Although there will be no parades on St. Charles Avenue in 2021, there will be celebrating a few blocks away on Washington Avenue. Get in the Carnival spirit with this fabulous cocktail from Commander’s Palace, one of the most beloved restaurants in the South. By the way, you can order Commander’s delivered to your home on Goldbelly right now. Why not follow up that cocktail with some legendary turtle soup?
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar – Commander’s uses the purple and green that you can find at party stores
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 ounces domestic brandy
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon twist
- Place the sugars in 2 shallow dishes or saucers.
- Wet half of the inside and outside rims of the glass with the lemon wedge and discard the wedge.
- Dip the rims into the sugar.
- Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine the brandy, Cointreau, and lemon juice and shake vigorously.
- Twist the lemon peel into the prepared glass and strain the cocktail over it.
- Serve immediately.
Photo Courtesy of Commander’s Palace