- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
The hunt for the perfect spot for Easter eggs is over! Easter, actually Springtime in general, is a wonderful time to brunch in the courtyard at the legendary Court of Two Sisters. Keep in mind, the will be calling at The Court of Two Sisters on April 2 and 3rd during their Jazz Brunch. If you want to see him, hop to it! Reservations Recommended.
Eggs Benedict Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 English muffin halves
- 8 oz. Hollandaise Sauce
Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients:
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chicken base
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lob unsalted butter
Eggs Benedict Directions:
- Poach eggs in lightly simmering water until eggs whites are cooked. The egg yolks should be soft.
- Warm the Canadian bacon slices in the oven.
- To serve, place half a toasted English muffin on the center of a plate and top with Canadian bacon, followed by the poached egg.
- Top with 2 oz. of Hollandaise Sauce for each egg.
Hollandaise Sauce Directions:
- In a blender, combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, chicken base, and cayenne pepper.
- Blend the mixture on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Heat the butter until it starts to boil, careful not to brown it.
- Separate the butter from the butter fats, so you are left with clarified butter.
- With the blender on high speed, slowly add the butter in a steady streem until all the ingredients are well blended.
Photo Courtesy of The Court of Two Sisters