Chef Ricky Christiana's Famous Fried Chicken
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Up to 16 pieces of chicken
Burgers on July 4th are great but is there anything more American than fried chicken? New Orleans food critic Tom Fitzmorris ranked Porter & Luke’s as one of the dozen best restaurants to get fried chicken. Try this recipe by Chef Ricky Christiana and discover why. Better yet, head over to Metairie Road this holiday weekend and let them the team at Porter & Luke’s prepare it for you.
Ingredients for Brine Mixture:
- 4 ounces of salt
- 4 ounces of black pepper
- 4 ounces of garlic
- 2 quarts of water
Ingredients for flour mixture:
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 oz of Salt
- 4 oz of Pepper
- For chicken that is nice and juicy, add salt, black pepper and garlic to two quarts of water and soak for 24 hours before cooking.
- 24 hours later, prepare your flour mixture.
- PRE-HEAT your favorite cooking oil to 350 degrees. (Note: a cast iron skillet is the best to retain the heat)
- Remove each piece from the brine, shake off excessive water and drop into the flour mixture.
- Place in the preheated oil. Important: Put only four pieces of chicken in a pan at a time so that you don't overcrowd and it doesn't bring the temperature of the oil down too much.
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning once to get each side golden brown.
Recipe By: Porter and Luke's
« Back To: Recipe of the Month