Bisque of Curried Pumpkin, Crawfish and Corn
Appetizers Seafood, Soups, American, Southern, Creole
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 12 8 oz. servings
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Steen’s cane syrup
- ¼ cup curry powder
- 2 quarts crawfish stock
- 1 14 oz. can of unsweetened pumpkin
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 lb. peeled Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium high heat, add onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic.
- Cook until translucent or for 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then, stir in cane syrup, curry powder, crawfish stock, corn kernels and Louisiana crawfish tails.
- Whisk in can pumpkin and bring soup to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream and season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.
Recipe By: Houmas House
« Back To: Recipe of the Month