Eating Healthy in the New Year
With the arrival of the new year comes various resolutions to eat better, attend the gym more often, and generally, to live a healthier life. All of these goals are familiar and worthy of pursuit. And yet, sometimes life can try to get in the way of those goals - last minute dinner plans, work meetings or social gatherings. The time will soon come when dining out will be necessary.
Fear not, we've scoured the menus of our favorite restaurants to find a variety healthy and tasty dishes that'll help those resolutions stay intact.
- Andrea's Salmone Affumicato - Nova Scotia smoked salmon served with fresh dill sauce, toast and condiments
- Grand Isle Restaurant Prince Edward Island Mussels with white wine, tomatoes, capers, lemon and garlic
- GW Fins Wood Grilled Gulf Shrimp with smoked pepper salsa and chipotle butter
- Le Meritage Chilled Avocado Soup with Louisiana crab and caviar
- Zea Rotisserie & Grill Spicy Wok Seared Edamame - fresh whole edamame wok-seared with chilis and Asian seasonings
- The Bombay Club Strawberry and Feta Salad - fresh strawberries, feta cheese, baby spinach and Marcona almonds tossed with a honey balsamic vinaigrette
- Byblos Mediterranean Cuisine Tabbouleh Salad - chopped parsley, cracked wheat, tomatoes, onions and fresh mint in an extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice dressing
- Feelings Cafe Emerald City Salad - bites of curly kale tossed with peppers, fennel, and Cajun Grains rice, lightly coated with an extra virgin olive oil vinaigrette
- Pelican Club Hearts of Romaine Salad served with blue cheese crumbles, toasted spicy pecans, croutons and Alecia's tomato chutney vinaigrette
- Ralph's on the Park Chilled Lobster Salad - Louisiana citrus & Earl Grey vinaigrette, tarragon, avocado, arugula, Meyer lemon and ruby red grapefruit
- Broussard's Pompano Napoleon - cast iron-seared pompano seasoned with house-made Creole seasoning with white shrimp, scallops and a Creole mustard-caper sauce
- Cafe Amelie Roasted Half Organic Chicken with citrus drizzle, butternut squash risotto and asparagus
- Oceana Grill Cajun Vegetarian Stew - a blend of zucchini, squash, carrots and seasonal vegetables cooked in red gravy and served with steamed rice
- Sobou Sofrito-Crusted Yellowfin Tuna served over sugarcane pickled mirlitons, summer squash ribbons, and charred jalapeños with a burnt orange glaze
With such a wide selection, keeping resolutions is easier than ever. We here at New Orleans Restaurants wish you and your family a very prosperous new year. Happy 2013!
Please note that all items are from the restaurants' dinner menus. Also, call ahead to check for any unannounced menu changes.