Mulate's Homemade Bread Pudding
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 8 - 10 Servings
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 hamburger buns
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whip eggs, and then add vanilla, milk, and half-and-half. Mix well. Add sugar and mix well.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Break hamburger buns into pieces and place in greased pan.
- Sprinkle raisins evenly throughout the bun pieces.
- Pour egg mixture over buns.
- Using your fingers, make sure that all bun pieces are soaked with the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- If you prefer a firmer texture, chill for about 2 hours, then reheat for serving.
Ingredients (Butter Rum Sauce):
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup half-and-half (or heavy cream)
- Melt butter. Add sugar and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and rum and cook for 5 more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve warm over bread pudding. Serves 8-10.
If you can't visit New Orleans to try the Bread Pudding at Mulate's -- you can order King Creole's version and have it delivered to your door!