Louisiana Crawfish and Goat Cheese Crepes
Appetizer Creole, Seafood, Cajun, Southern
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 6 appetizer size serving
- 12 crepe shells
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3⁄4 ounce shallots pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces onions
- diced 2 ounces green bell pepper
- diced 2 ounces tomato strips
- 1⁄2 ounce garlic, finely minced
- 3⁄4 ounce Chardonnay
- 3⁄4 ounce flour
- 3⁄4 ounce Creole seasoning
- 8 ounces fresh Louisiana crawfish tails
- 2 ounces butter, unsalted
- 1⁄2 ounce salt
- 3⁄4 quart heavy cream
- Cream the goat cheese with the shallots, salt and pepper in a mixer.
- Divide the filling between the 12 crepe shells and roll the crepes.
- Heat in a 350-degree oven until the internal temperature is 145 degrees.
- Sauté the onions and bell peppers until translucent in the olive oil; add the garlic, creole seasoning and salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add the tomato strips.
- Deglaze with the Chardonnay and add the heavy cream.
- Stir until smooth and continue to cook until the sauce clings to the back of a spoon, add the crawfish tails, break the butter into the sauce while stirring.
- Place two crepes on each plate and pour the sauce over.
Yield: 6 appetizer servings
Guy D. Sockrider, C.E.C.
Buy the Tujague’s cookbook here
Recipe By: Tujague's
« Back To: Recipe of the Month