Hours of Operation
5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
New Orleans-born Chef Duke LoCicero creates “New World Italian” dishes at Cafe Giovanni in the French Quarter, melding Italian, Creole, French and American styles and techniques for a refreshing international menu. Chef Duke has been honored with numerous awards, including the 2002 USA Chef of the Year Award from the American Tasting Institute. Spacious and inviting, Cafe Giovanni can accommodate up to 150 diners.
Cafe Giovanni features live opera performances three nights a week! Enjoy an evening of delightful singing to accompany your meal on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays.
Cafe Giovanni is open seven days a week. Reservations are recommended but not required. Attire is business casual.
Chef Duke LoCicero was born and raised in New Orleans, beginning his career in the culinary industry at the age of thirteen. At eighteen, Duke enrolled at the Culinary Institute of America, later returning to New Orleans to open Cafe Giovanni in the French Quarter.
Chef Duke takes pride in being a chef/owner who oversees every aspect of his restaurant, from the back of the house to the front. His many accolades and honors include:
- Top 40 under 40 business leaders (City Business)
- Chef of the Year 1999 ACF (New Orleans Chapter)
- 2004 Restaurateur of the Year (LRA)
- Best Executive Chef 2008 (City Business)
- Best Owner and Best Upscale Casual Restaurant 2009 (City Business)
- Achievement of Excellence 2010 (ACF National Convention)
- Top 25 Chefs in New Louisiana 2011 (New Orleans Chapter of ACF).
An active philanthropist, Chef Duke created the Chef Duke Foundation for Kids to assist children and families struggling with financial and medical difficulties. Each Christmas, the Chef Duke Foundation delivers toys to hospitalized children in the Greater New Orleans area. Chef Duke is also a member of the Louisiana Restaurant Association and the French Quarter Business Association, both helping to invigorate a blighted area of the Quarter with the founding of Cafe Giovanni and setting an example to other local restaurateurs by reopening the restaurant within six weeks of Katrina.
Duke and his brother “Rock” also emceed “Dig In with Duke and the Rock” on AM1350 for over six years, discussing New Orleans events and affairs.
Cafe Giovanni provides banquet and private dining facilities for up to 300 guests. Private rooms are also available. Please contact Michele Caswell at 504-491-7952 for more information.
Cafe' Giovanni can customize a menu specifically for your event and specializes in:
- Sit Down Dinners
- Reception Style Events
- Holiday Celebrations
- Wedding Receptions - Reception Style or Sit-Down
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Engagement Parties
Awards and Accolades
- USA Chef of the Year from the American Tasting Institute on April 23 at Carneige Hall in New York. 2002
- La Famiglia di Robert Mondavi Wine Dinner, Napa Valley, California Sellout Crowd March 10, 2001
- American Tasting Award 2001
- Legends Restaurant, New Orleans Int'l Airport, Inaugural Chef 2000/2001
- Louisiana Gold Culinary Classic Competition Gold Medal, Duck Category 2001
- Best Ambiance as voted by the readers of Where Magazine 2000
- Chef of the Year, America Culinary Federation New Orleans Chapter 2000
- Where Magazine's Visitor's Choice Awards 2000
- Wine Spectator Magazine "Award of Excellence" 1999
- Chef 2000 Award 1991-1998
- Master Taster Award 1996, 1997, 1998
- Where Magazine's," Peoples Choice Awards" Best Italian Restaurant 1997, First Place
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters, "Chile Cook Off" 1997 Second Place, 1998 First Place
- First Place Louisiana Culinary Classic 1997, Silver Metal "Salad Category", Gold Metal "Dessert Category"
- Rated Five stars by Tom Fitzmorris
- Celebrity Chef Cook Off 1996, 1997
- Where Magazine's, "People's Choice Awards"
- Best Restaurant 1996, Third Place
- American Pork Council "Taste of Excellence" 1996, 1997 First Place